There are a number of binoculars in today’s market, with a wide range of features and functionalities. This can make it difficult to identify the best binoculars for a specific purpose. Ever had problems choosing the best binoculars for hunting? No worries, we’re here to help!
We advise that before you go buying, always find the time to read reviews given by other customers. Particular attention should be paid to the descriptions of every binocular.
Furthermore, you should find out who the manufacturer is and the reputation they have. You should make sure there is a correlation between your preferences and needs, and the features of the binoculars.
Our Quick List:
What to look for in hunting binoculars
There are several features to look for when finding the best binoculars for hunting. For instance, the diameter of the magnifying lens should be between 30mm to 50mm, should have 6x to 8x magnification. Too much magnification will make it difficult to focus on your target.
Often, when hunting, it’s most advantageous to be able to see a wide area of land at one time. As such, a pair of binoculars with a medium to wide field of view will work well. Additionally, hunting binoculars should have the following capabilities;
- Rubber coating and waterproof exterior
- An exit pupil that is up to 8 mm in size, and preferably removable
- An installed rangefinder or goniometer
- Mounted eyepiece and lense cap
Still looking to learn more about binoculars, make sure to check out our All About Binoculars – A Definitive Guide to learn all about binoculars.
Now, here are our top 3 picks for the best binoculars for hunting.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular is one of the best-selling binoculars. It has long been known for its high quality, superior design, extended durability and perfect image clarity. These binoculars are waterproof and surprisingly affordable, making them a great purchase for hunting binoculars.
Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular comes with fully enhanced, multi-coated lenses. These lenses give it the capability of allowing a high transmission of light to pass through the internal prism, producing crystal clear images at any moment.
You are assured of the quality of the images whether at dawn, dusk or night. The presence of multiple coatings that are anti-reflective on phase-corrected prisms enhances the resolution and contrasts of the viewed images.
You never need to be worried about the weather. The Vortex Optix Diamondback binoculars are fog-proof and waterproof. O-rings that seal the optics tightly keep out moisture, dust, and debris.
The presence of rubber armors on the sides of the binoculars not only secures your grip but also gives the binocular a durable protection against the common problem of wear and tear, often found in other types of binoculars.
These binoculars can also be mounted on a tripod, which is perfect for hunting as it allows you to keep a steady image while freeing up your hands
- Roof prism full-size 10x42 binoculars provide 10x magnification through a 42mm objective lens.
- VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty means Vortex Optics will fix or repair at no cost to the customer, no questions asked.
- Multi-coated optics and phase corrected prisms
- Waterproof and fogproof protection
- Rainguard, tethered objective lens covers, comfort neck strap, and deluxe custom-molded carry case included in the box. Field of View: 345 feet/1000 yards|6.6 degrees
Nikon Laserforce Rangefinder
The Nikon Laserforce Rangefinder is one of the best binoculars for hunting. The rangefinder not only allows you to see how far away your target is in meters or yards, but also displays the horizontal distance between you and your target if you’re on an incline. You can also see range in real time, which is perfect for moving targets.
Nikon Laserforce Rangefinder has a variety of features that are fundamental at its core. The binoculars have a magnification of 10X, an objective lens of 42mm on all the barrels and a fully multi-coated ED glass optic, which reduces eye fatigue even after a full day of use. These binoculars are also nitrogen purged to help reduce fogging, and their waterproof tendencies mean they’re perfect for hunting even while it’s raining.
The ability to twist the eye-cups for various positions will keep your eyes pain-free and comfortable.
One of the final and most impressive features of these binoculars is the clarity of image at a distance – you can still clearly see wildlife over 1000 yards away.
- Rangefinder Binocular with 10-1900 yard range
- Reflective Target 1900 yards Tree 1400 Yards Deer 1100 Yards
- Incline/Decline Technology. FOV at 1000 yards: 320 feet
- Display in .1 yard increments to 100 yards / 1 yard increments over 100 yards
- Bright and clear red OLED display with 4-step intensity adjustment
Nikon 7549 Monarch 7 10×42 Binocular
Nikon 7549 Monarch 7 10×42 Binocular is one of the real contenders in the market. However, they are a bit expensive. If you care most about image quality and clarity, then these are worth the investment.
Some of the features that make Nikon 7549 Monarch 7 10×42 Binocular very powerful besides the ability to capture bright and crisp natural images is their durability and quality. In conjunction with being solid and well-built, they are lined with rubber to improve your grip while in humid weather conditions. Furthermore, their lenses are water and scratch resistant.
Just like the Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binocular, the Nikon 7549 Monarch binoculars are fitted with O-ring seals plus nitrogen gas to ensure no moisture, dust or fog will obstruct your view.
- The MONARCH 7 10x42 provides an exceptionally wide field of view that makes it easy to find your subject.
- Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coatings are applied to all lenses and prism coatings to provide high-contrast images and accurate color reproduction.
- Thanks to a durable rubber armored coating, the MONARCH 7 is comfortable to hold and rugged enough to stand up to any conditions.
- Size (Length x Width) 5.6 x 5.1 inches
Conclusion on the Best Binoculars for Hunting
Finding the right pair of hunting binoculars can be a daunting task, considering how many different models there are on the market and the different specifications of each. We hope our review of the best binoculars for hunting has helped you pick out the perfect pair for you.
Enjoy your hunt!