Some call it a hobby, some call it a sport. Notwithstanding what people call it, bird watching is an activity that many enjoy. One very important tool for every serious bird watcher is a pair of binoculars. A good pair of bird watching binoculars enables you to spot and identify birds in their natural habitat without disturbing them.
Spotting scopes and cameras with telephoto lenses may also be included in a serious bird watcher’s array of equipment, but a pair of bird watching binoculars is so basic that it almost becomes an extension of their bodies.
What to look for in bird watching binoculars?
Choosing the best bird watching binoculars to invest in can be a daunting task. Factors that should be considered are price, magnification, and ergonomics.
A wide range of prices can initially render anyone confused and bewildered as to what to buy. The old adage of you get what you pay for may now be set aside as even the lower-priced binoculars can now perform almost as good as the pricier ones, thanks to advancements in technology.
Choosing a magnification comes down to one’s personal preference. For long distance birding and greater feather detail, a higher magnification is recommended, while for slightly brighter images and wider fields of view, a lower magnification will suffice.
The size and shape of the face and hands and whether one wears eyeglasses should also be considered for the best comfort while using them. How they feel in our hands is also an important consideration, as we almost always spend more time holding our binoculars than looking through them.
Aurosports 10×25 Folding High Powered Binoculars
The Aurosports 10×25 Binoculars is a compact, lightweight binoculars perfect for bird-watching. It is packed with special features designed to give you all the best that a good pair of binoculars can offer at an incredibly reasonable price.
Its 10x magnification combined with the 25mm objective lens delivers a viewing experience like no other. The field of view at 362 ft/1000 yards gives you a wide enough viewing experience to enjoy landscapes, yet enables you to focus on an object with vivid detail.
The lenses are made from BAK4 prism which is a high-caliber optical glass designed to produce clearer images. They are also fully multi-coated with full HD green film for superior light transmittance giving you clear and sharp images even in low light conditions.
Unfortunately, these lenses do not work in complete darkness. With an admirable 14.8 mm of eye relief, the Aurosports can be used with eyeglasses, safety glasses or sunglasses.
These binoculars are made from high-grade ABS plastic designed to be water-proof, lightweight and extremely compact. They are ideal for everyday use but can perform equally well in damp and humid conditions. They are suitable for adults and kids alike, and perform really well as bird watching binoculars.
- ✅ Incredibly low price for an amazing product
- ✅ The high-quality lens gives high-quality, clear and sharp images
- ✅ Very convenient to bring along anywhere as it is also completely foldable
- ⭕ They are waterproof for light rain but cannot withstand heavy rain or soaking
- ⭕ The plastic build does not seem very durable
- Perfect compact lightweight binoculars for bird watching. Can be Used for both day and night (low-light-level night vision, can't see anything in complete darkness)
- Large Field of View.Focusing in on your target for brilliant detail at 1000 yards out.
- Fully multi-coated lenses, waterproof, compact gives you everything you want. Lightweight and can be folded, very convenient and easy to carry, perfect binoculrs for adults and kids.
- 10x magnification with 25 mm objective lens allows you to see objects 10x’s closer clear view, share precious hiking, football games, bird watching, Wildlife Watching memories with your friends.
- Suitable for both adults and kids, fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc.
Wingspan Optics Spectator 8×32 Compact Binoculars
The Wingspan Optics Spectator 8X32 is a lightweight, compact binocular that, despite its low price, does not compromise on quality to give you colourful, high-resolution images that are glare-free and highly-detailed.
The wide field of view at 362 ft/1000 yards lets you see an entire field of action brilliantly, and the powerful 8×32 magnification lets you zoom in on a target object and make you feel as though it is just inches away. It has a centre focus mechanism that allows you to focus with considerable precision.
These binoculars also have the BAK4 prism lens which delivers sharp, clear images for a heightened viewing experience. The eye relief stands at 14.8mm to give eyeglass wearers a comfortable fit.
The housing is nitrogen-filled and sealed to prevent fogging and it is also waterproof so you can bring this binocular anytime and anywhere, be it bird watching, outdoor sports and games or concerts. It can also be mounted on a tripod which is a feature not many brands of compact binoculars offer.
The package includes a neck strap, carrying case, eyepiece and lens covers, and a microfiber cleaning cloth. This is the perfect kit to accompany bird watching binoculars as you won’t need to purchase any additional gear for expeditions.
- ✅ Very reasonably priced
- ✅ Built to withstand solid blunt forces
- ✅ The non-slip grip feature makes it convenient to hold
- ✅ Has a lifetime warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- ⭕ Can withstand splashes of water but cannot be submerged or soaked
- ⭕ A bit heavier and bigger than its competitor brands
These binoculars are also part of our Best Compact Binoculars review!
- PERFECT COMPACT BINOCULARS FOR BIRD WATCHING AND ANY OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITY. Great lightweight and Pocket sized binoculars for bird watching, nature watching, star gazing or other outdoor activities enjoyed by adults or children.
- WIDE FIELD OF VIEW -View An Entire Field Of Action Then Focusing In On Your Target For Brilliant Detail at 1000 YARDS OUT. A Wide Field of View makes these the best small, but high powered compact binoculars you can buy today.
- BRIGHT AND CLEAR - FEEL LIKE YOU'RE INCHES AWAY WITH POWERFUL 8X32 MAGNIFICATION: Want to see Feather tips fluttering in the wind? Adults or kids will marvel at the clear and bright views you get with these compact birding binoculars.
- NON-SLIP GRIP MEANS YOU CAN GO BIRDWATCHING, OR WATCH OUTDOOR GAMES OR CONCERTS FOR HOURS WITHOUT FEAR OF DAMAGE. Use them for any outdoor activities such as birdwatching, watching games or concerts outdoors, even stargazing too.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY Plus 30 Day Money Back Guarantee Make These the Last Pair of Binoculars You'll Ever Need to Buy, Because We Will Replace Them if Damaged. And the only pair of lightweight high powered binoculars you'll want to take everywhere.
Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8×42 Binocular
The Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8×42 Binocular is a lightweight binocular built with Nikon’s premium extra-low dispersion (ED) glass designed for high-end optical quality and extraordinary brightness.
The 8×42 magnification delivers a resolution and brightness that can compete with other higher-priced binoculars. Nikon’s ED glass lenses and multi-layer prism coating provide exceptionally accurate colour reproductions and maximum light transmission. The smooth central focus knob allows you to bring objects into focus easier and faster.
These binoculars have an outstanding eye-relief at 19.5mm for eye-glass wearers to see the whole field of view. The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups enable users to adjust the eye-relief for a more comfortable custom fit.
Its field of view at 330ft/1000 yards is slightly less than the others but is hardly discernible, however, from just a couple hundred feet away. It has a close focus range of 7.8 feet and can limit your view of an interesting bug or butterfly that may land near you.
The rubber-armoured body is built to withstand the toughest use even in extreme temperatures or wet conditions. It also has a non-slip grip feature for easier and safer handling for longer periods of time. It is Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for a completely waterproof and fog-proof device.
- ✅ Excellent clarity and brightness
- ✅ The small, easy-to-grip body makes this a cinch to carry with you
- ✅ Features the smoothest, most precise focus knobs among its rivals
- ⭕ Slightly below average close focus range and field of view
- All Monarch 5 binoculars are now built with Nikon's premium ED (Extra low dispersion); Glass for a sharper, clearer and more brilliant field of view
- Almost an ounce lighter than its predecessor, the new Monarch 5 is even easier to bring along on your next adventure
- Fully multicoated eco glass lenses provide a high light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum
- It is equipped with user friendly features such as turn and slide rubber eyecups, a smooth central focus knob and flip down lens caps
- Built for extreme use, the Monarch 5 is waterproof, fog proof and has a rubber armored body for strengthened durability
Conclusion on Bird Watching Binoculars
Finding the right pair of bird watching binoculars can be a daunting task, considering how many different models there are on the market and the different specifications of each. We hope our review of the best bird watching binoculars has helped you pick out the perfect pair for you.
Enjoy your bird watching!